The Megger SMART THUMP ST16 Portable Cable Fault Locating System provides safe, efficient and extremely easy-to-use solutions for quickly identifying, prelocating and pinpointing various types of cable faults for power cables. The ST16 was developed to meet the requirements for typical low- and medium-voltage distribution cable fault location markets.
Circuit parameters include:
- System voltage up to 35 kV
- Insulation EPR or XLPE
- Typical conductor sizes between #2 and 500 MCM (34 mm2 to 250 mm2)
- Typical circuit lengths from a few hundred feet (100 m) up to 3 miles (17,000 ft or 5,000 m)
Typical end users include: operations department of power utility companies, electrical departments within municipalities including street light maintenance, private network operators, high voltage electrical contractors, service companies, port authorities, mining, airports, military bases, petrochemical and paper companies. The ST16 unit incorporates HDW’s “E-Tray” technology, a concept that has been already proven in other products (EZThump, EZ-Restore Overdrive, and TDR T3090) and which will be carried forward into new Megger products in the future. The E-Tray adds the unique capability to access and operate every function through an innovative and intuitive user interface, without the need to make adjustments and the software suggesting the next logical step.
Megger ST16 Features
- Delivers 1500 J at 8/16 kV
- 16-kV DC high voltage proof test and insulation resistance test
- Easy Go automatic test sequence to proof test, prelocate and pinpoint
- Interprets test results for user
- 5.7 in. transflective color display
- Safety / grounding check
- USB interface