The Fluke Model 5720A Series II calibrator is a precise instrument that calibrate a wide variety of electrical measuring instruments. This calibrator maintains high accuracy over a wide ambient temperature range, allowing it to test instruments in any environment, eliminating the restrictions to calibrate only in a temperature-controlled standards laboratory. With a 5700A/5720A Series II, you can calibrate precision multimeters that measure ac or dc voltage, ac or dc current, and resistance. The 5720A Series II operates in a similar manner to the 5700A Series II, the difference is that the 5720A Series II has a considerably higher specified accuracy. Option 5700A-03 Wideband AC Voltage, which is available for both the 5700A Series II and the 5720A Series II, extends this workload to include rf voltmeters.
Fluke Calibration 5720A Features
- Internal environmentally-controlled references allowing the calibrator to maintain full performance over a wide ambient temperature range.
- Automatic meter error calculation obtained through using a simple output adjust knob; the display shows linearity, offset, and scale errors.
- Keys that multiply and divide the output value by 10 to simplify work on meters with calibration points at decade multiples of a fraction of full-scale.
- Programmable entry limits used for restricting the levels that can be keyed into the calibrator, preventing access to levels that may be harmful to equipment or personnel.
- A space key that provides the capability of displaying the instrument's specification at the selected operating point, calibration interval, and specification confidence level.
- An auxiliary current binding post that allows you to calibrate meters with separate current inputs without moving cables.
- Real-time clock and calendar for date stamping reports.
- Offset and scaling modes that simplify linearity testing of multimeters.
- Variable phase reference signal output and phase-lock input.
- Interface for the Fluke 5725 Amplifier.
- A traceable calibration procedure for all modes and ranges that requires only 10V, 1Ω, and 10 kΩ external standards, with only occasional independent verification.
Fluke Calibration 5720A Specs
||IEEE-488, RS-232, 5725A, 5205A or 5215A, 5220A, phase lock in (BNC), phase reference out (BNC).
||0°C to 50°C
||15°C to 35°C
||-40°C to 75°C
||<80% to 30°C, <70% to 40°C, <40% to 50°C
||<95%, non-condensing. A power stabilization period of four days may be required after extended storage at high temperature and humidity.
||Designed to comply with UL3111; EN61010; CSA C22.2 No. 1010; ANSI/ISA S82.01-1994
||Designed to comply with FCC Rules Part 15, Subpart B, Class B; EN50081-1, EN50082-1
||This instrument meets criteria C for ESD requirements per EN61326
||47 to 63 Hz; ±10% 100 V, 110 V, 115 V, 120 V, 200 V, 220 V, 230 V, 240 V
||32 kg (70 lb)
Fluke Calibration 5720A Standards
- Standard IEEE-488 (GPIB) interface, complying with ANSI/IEEE Standards 488.1- 1987 and 488.2-1987.
- Designed to comply with FCC Rules Part 15, Subpart B, Class B; EN50081-1, EN50082-1.