The Hipotronics 5250 30kV, 2000 Joule Thumper and TDR system meet the demanding needs of utilities, industrials, and contractors who require a highly portable, easy to use, complete fault location system. The 5250 system utilizes the most innovative TDR techniques; along with the highest energy, battery operated, portable compact thumper the market has to offer. These systems will reduce your fault location time by up to 80% allowing quick and easy sectionalizing of faulted loop feed URD installations with out disconnecting transformers and provide fast fault location in underground cables. Isolation of a cable fault between two transformers is easily identified. Hipotronics 5250 battery powered thumper combines a high voltage filter, digital high voltage TDR and battery charger into one complete, easy to use, cost-effective package. Operation of the entire system is done from the controls of the TDR1150, or manually from the 5250 control panel. Connection to the cable under test is easy with quick clamp connectors on an HV output cable. Once the 5250 is connected to the cable under test, a trained operator will be able to find faults in a matter of minutes. The digital TDR1150 allows built-in storage of waveforms. In addition, the 5250 TDR1150 has a built-in serial port to allow an operator to download waveforms to a computer for evaluation or long-term storage.
- Highly Portable Lightweight Package
- Output Energy up to 2000 Joules @ Either Voltage Range.
- User Friendly Step by Step Operation
- 100 MHz TDR Sampling Rate
- Saves up to 16 Three Phase Cable Traces and 16 User Defined Test Profiles
- Windows - based TDR with RS232 Port to Download Traces to Computer
- Dual Mode Operation Automatic through the TDR and Manual from 5250
- Fully Powered from AC or 12V Battery
- Waterproof Interlocked Cabinet
|TDR Operating System ||Windows |
|Measuring Accuracy ||2.5 feet (77 cm) - sampling rate of 100 MHz |
|Pulse Amplitude / Width ||25 V into 50 Ohms / 100 nS to 20μs |
|Range - Time / Distance ||1.28μs to 0.66 mS / 1 to 196,000 feet (0.3 to 59,740 m) |
|Trace Storage ||LCD Display 7" (18 cm) Diagonal |
|Input Protection/Isolation ||480 volts AC |