The Solar 2854-1 generator provides 5 μS ±22 %, pulse with a 1.5 μS ± 0.5 μS raise time across a 5.0 ohm non-inductive resistor. Voltage is adjustable to greater then 600 volts. The undershoot is limited to less then 120 volts peak (maximum) and less then 20 μS. The repetition rate is variable and can be adjusted from 0.8 p.p.s. to 10 p.p.s. Single transients can be applied with the push button on the front panel.
Two sets of output terminals allow either parallel or series injection into the power line. The Series injection may be used on D.C. and A.C. lines. Parallel injection should be used on D.C. lines only. The output winding used for series injection can carry 25 amperes of power current. The output terminals are isolated from the chassis and the power cord.
Solar Electronics 2854-1 Features
- For MIL-STD-461F CS106 Conducted Transient Susceptibility Test
- Provides output levels from 10 volts to more then 600 volts into 5 ohms.
- Adjustable pulse position on A.C. lines relates the transient susceptibility to real time aspects of digital systems
- Single pulse feature for controlled isolation of transient effects
- Output terminals for series and parallel injection.
- Standard rack panel construction: 7” high, 19” wide, 12.75” deep. (17.78 cm wide, 48.26 cm high, 32.38 cm deep.)
Solar Electronics 2854-1 Specs
||Continuously adjustable from 10 volts to over 600 volts peak
||Continuously adjustable from 0.8 to 10 p.p.s.
||1.5 ± 0.5 μS into 5 ohms
||Output falls to zero in 5 μS ± 22 %
||Ringing characteristic as shown in figure CS106-1 in MIL-STD-461F
||Pulse position adjustable from 0° to 360° periodically on 50, 60 or 400 Hz sine wave
||less then 2.0 ohms
||115 volts 60 Hz, 1.6 amperes. (230 volts, 50 Hz, 0.8 amperes available.)
||Standard rack panel: 7” high x 19” wide x 12.75” deep. (17.78 cm x 48.26 cm x 32.38 cm)