The Tektronix YBA250 RF Antenna Analyzer performs swept reflection measurements over a frequency range from 25 MHz to 2500 MHz. This range covers the frequency bands for 2G and 3G cellular standards. It is also able to locate problems in antenna systems by measuring the Distance to Fault (DTF) of components in the system that cause large reflections.
Antenna systems constitute an essential part of a cell. They could degrade their performance over time or have sudden failures, which may cause poor voice quality, loss of coverage and dropped calls. Testing antenna systems regularly increases the reliability of a cell site.
The YBA250 generates RF signals and applies it to the antenna. The RF signal is generated in steps, point by point, from a start to a stop frequency. The core of the Tektronix YBA250 is a test set that separates the incident signal from the reflected signal for each frequency. The ratio of the reflected signal and the incident signal, known as reflection coefficient, is computed, corrected using calibration data, and displayed in the form of return loss or VSWR.
- Improve quality of service through preventative maintenance activities on antennas, before they become service-affecting
- Quickly analyze the most important antenna and transmission line problems
- Easy-to-Use Distance-to-Fault (DTF) measurements for locating antenna and transmission line trouble
- Advanced calibration technique speeds and simplifies your measurements by allowing a single calibration for use across entire frequency range
- Modular instrument for handheld NetTek Y400, which allows for easy future expansion for new function
- Return Loss/VSWR/Cable Loss Measurements for Antenna and Transmission Line Analysis
- Distance-to-Fault (DTF) Measurements for Locating Problems
- Maintenance and Installation Checks
- Insertion Gain/Insertion Loss Measurements