The CAE Software & Systems SoundCam Acoustic Camera is the first camera to provide visualizations of sound that is affordable for everyone. The system is as intuitive and easy to use as a smartphone. The SoundCam locates sound sources in real time and immediately displays the results on the screen.
Human beings best process information in a visual way. The CAE Software & Systems SoundCam visualizes complex acoustic information and creates a connection between hearing and seeing. Analyzing and understanding sound has never been easier.
The CAE Software & Systems SoundCam consists of 64 microphones, an optical camera, an integrated data acquisition and analysis system, as well as a display and control unit with touchscreen and hardware buttons. The system displays high-resolution results in real time on the screen. What makes it so special is its high speed and accuracy.
- Real-time imaging is making measurements easy and speeds up the workflow (no preparation necessary)
- The SoundCam is a small handheld device that allows on-the-fly measurements, even in smaller or interior spaces
- High acoustic frame rates are crucial for transient sounds, e.g. squeak and rattle noise
- Since the SoundCam is handheld, it allows you to instantly move closer to the source which improves spatial resolution
- The SoundCam enables objective recording and visual documentation so that subjective assessments by individuals are avoided
||Touchscreen or mouse and keyboard, headphones up to 100 acoustic fps
||Recording 100s. / 30s. / 60s. buffer or manual
||View acoustic results picture by picture
||mp4 (video), wav (sound) jpg (picture)
||Frequency filter, dynamic filter, different scaling modes
||Linux (Windows software also available)
||-30°C +60°C (-22°F to 140°F)
||320 x 240 (50fps) or 640 x 480 (16fps)
||10 Hz - 24 kHz