The Haefely MSURGE is used for EMC Tests requiring impulse Magnetic Fields. It is an accessory to either the PSURGE 4010, PSURGE4, PSURGE6 or the PLATFORM surge testers. It enables magnetic field testing up to 3000 A/m as required by IEC 61000-4-9. The support stand can also be used for tests in accordance with IEC 61000-4-8 and IEC 61000-4-10.
The Haefely MSURGE has a 1m x 1m square, single turn antenna. A current of 3600A is needed to feed the coil to produce a field of 3000A/m. Magnetic field strength is defined at the center of a coil with ±3 dB variation. Magnetic field is orthogonal to the coil plane. Coil dimensions define the maximum EUT size as being 0.6m x 0.6m x 0.5m. The MSURGE can be used for both vertical and horizontal plane testing, by simply rotating the coil antenna in its mounting on the (optional) stand.
In conjunction with other Haefely EMC Test products, magnetic field testing can be fully or partially automated. Any Surge generator can be used together with the MSURGE to provide semiautomatic testing from the instrument front panel. Voltages can be programmed which correspond to a magnetic field strength at the center of the coil antenna.
- up to 3000A/m field strength
- standard coil designed for major application as defined in the IEC document
- sturdy construction
- horizontal and vertical testing possible
- supplied to ISO 9001
- the magnetic field test set MSURGE consists of the magnetic coil and the connecting cables to the current surge generator.
- software control (when used together with HaefelyEMC Surge Testers)
- single turn coil
- only one support stand is needed for all magnetic field tests in accordance with IEC 1000-4-8/9/10
- the portable support stand for the coil is adaptable for all three magnetic field tests
|Impulse wave shape Input to the magnetic coil
|Input magnetic coil Magnetic field
||A current of 1200 A correspond to 1000 A/m in the center of the coil
||520 x 800 x 2'050 mm (W x D x H)
|Maximum EUT size
||0.6 x 0.6 x 0.5m
||High voltage cables with coaxial plugs