Megger S1 Insulation Resistance Tester Series devices offer AC voltage input ranging from 90-264V rms at 50/60 Hz and 100 VA or 200 VA depending on the model. 5 kV, 10 KV and 15 kV models are available. Power utilities and service companies working in generation, transmission and distribution markets utilize insulation resistance units to perform quantitative tests which indicate the effectiveness of a products' electrical insulation. The Megger S1 fulfills the requirements of IEC 61010-1, IEC61326-1 and CATIV 600V to 3000m, and the 15 kV model also meets the CATIV 1000V to 4000m standard.
Class-leading charge current, noise rejection and software filters qualify Megger S1 testers as top-market insulation resistance testers. Instrument productivity is a focus of the Megger S1 Series, each model offering rapid charge batteries and operation from an AC source when the battery is flat. Safety of operation features are built in, with all models safety rated to CAT IV 600 V up to 3000 m.
An intuitive user interface ensures no time is lost remembering how to use the tester. Simplicity of operation is achieved with two rotary switches and a large backlight display which enables multiple results to be displayed simultaneously. A graphical quick start guide is provided inside the lid of each model to assist first time users. Original equipment manufacturers and repairers will welcome the remote control feature allowing them to automate resistance testing on the factory floor, as will technicians in substations preferring to operate from a more convenient, safe distance.
The Megger S1 Insulation Resistance Tester Series is composed of the Megger S1-568
, Megger S1-1068
and Megger S1-1568
Megger S1 Features
- Resistance measurement: 15 TΩ - 5 kV, 35 TΩ - 10 kV, 35 TΩ - 15 kV
- High current – 6 mA short circuit current
- High noise immunity – 8 mA of noise rejection
- Four software filters: 10s, 30s, 100s, 200s
- Li-ion battery – charges in 2 hours and gives up to 6 hours continuous testing a 100 MΩ load (S1-568)
- Battery meets IEC 62133
- CATIV 600 V safety rating up to 3000m (S1-568, S1-1068)
- CATIV 1000 V safety rating up to 4000m (S1-1568)
- Remote operation via USB cabe
- Download of memory via isolated USB cable Bluetooth®
- IR, timed IR, DAR, PI, DD, SV and ramp diagnostic tests
- Large LCD display with backlight
- Dedicated voltmeter function (30 V to 660 V) AC or DC
- Advanced memory, on screen recall and real time clock for date/time stamped results
- PowerDB Lite asset management software
- Option to record temperature and/or relative humidity with saved results (measured independently)