The AEMC 6472 Ground Resistance Tester is a portable measurement instrument designed to measure Bond Resistance, Ground Resistance (with and without clamps), Soil Resistivity, Earth Coupling, Step & Touch Potential.
When used in combination with the GroundFlex™ Adapter Model 6474, Power Transmission Tower and Tower Leg Ground Resistance testing is also available.
The AEMC 6472 Ground Resistance Tester measures from 0.01 kohm to 99.99 kohm and is auto-ranging, automatically seeking out the optimum measurement range, test frequency and test current. The adjustable test frequency (either manual or automatic) from 40 Hz to 5078 Hz test voltage provides rejection of high levels of interference, allowing it to be used under difficult conditions such as the presence of high stray currents that normally affect accuracy.
Up to 512 test results can be stored in internal memory for later recall to the display or downloaded to a PC using DataView® software (included) for Automatic Report Generation, Automatic Fall-of-Potential Plot Generation, Frequency/Resistance Plots and much more.
- 4-Pole (4-Point) Fall-of-Potential measurement for very low resistance measurements with manual or automatic frequency selection and automatic lead compensation
- 3-Point Fall-of-Potential measurement
- 3-Point earth coupling measurement
- Manual or automatic frequency scan from 40 Hz to 513 Hz for test accuracy in electrically noisy environments
- Earth coupling testing
- Selectable test voltage 16 or 32V up to 250 mA test current
- 4-Point soil resistivity measurement with automatic calculation of Rho and user selection of Wenner or Schlumberger test method
- 2 and 4 Wire DC resistance measurement (Bond testing) with automatic polarity reversal
- Ground Resistance with 2 clamps (no auxiliary rods)
- Ground Resistance of Pylons with the GroundFlex™ Adapter Model 6474 and GroundFlex™ sensors allow the system to measure leakage current and ground resistance of tower legs without disconnecting the overhead ground conductor
- Includes DataView® software for data storage, real-time display, analysis, report generation and system configuration
- Auto-off power management
- Automatic recognition of all electrode connections and their resistance value
- Stores up to 512 complete test results in internal memory
- Optically isolated USB communication
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries from wall charger or vehicle power
- Rugged dustproof and rainproof field