Insulation testing as part of a predictive/preventive electrical maintenance program is becoming increasingly rigorous and demanding. In recognition of the critical significance of such demands, the IEEE revised their motor testing standard to incorporate new considerations that meet the challenges of modern equipment and operations.
In response, Megger has expanded its line of insulation testers to offer the Megger MIT1020/2 10 kV Insulation Resistance Tester, a 10 kV model dedicated to the provisions of the revised standard. With this one tester, 100% IEEE compliance can be attained for every applicable motor in existence.
- Increased measurement range to 35 Tera- ohms, in order to provide trending values for the best of insulating materials and highest capital equipment
- Expanded test voltage range from 50 V to 10 kV, in 10 V increments to 1 kV and 25 V increments above 1 kV
- Additional automated standardized tests to include Step Voltage, Dielectric Absorption Ratio and Dielectric Discharge tests
- Capability to measure capacitance of test item from 10 nF to 50 µF, providing the operator with an additional valuable diagnostic tool
- RS232 and USB download of results
- 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5 kV and 10 kV test voltages