The Solar 6254-5S RFI Transient Generator provides up to 250 volts peak amplitude. The output transient shape follows the curve given in Figure 19 of MIL-STD-462. Less than 1.0 microsecond rise time, falling to zero in 8 to 14 microseconds, crossing through zero to "ring" in the manner of an inductive transient and returning to zero again as it "rings." The amplitude of the transient is adjustable from less than 10 volts to over 250 volts peak. Using series injection on 50, 60 or 400 Hz lines, the transient can be applied to the positive or the negative half-cycle. The transient's relation to the sine wave may be adjusted in phase from 0° to 360°. For non-synchronous injection, the repetitive rate of the transient can be adjusted from 0.5 to 500 p.p.s. The Model 6254-5S RFI Transient Generator was especially designed for screen room use in making conducted transient susceptibility tests as required by military specifications. These specifications include: parts of MIL-STD-461A/462, MSFC-STD-279, Lockheed 422966 (L1011), TRW TOR-1001,Douglas WZZ-7000 (DC-10), and others.
- Provides outputs from less than 10 volts to over 250 volts peak amplitude into high impedance loads and more than 35 kw into 0.5 ohm load.
- Wider range of repetition rates allows greater utilization in empirical setups.
- Output terminals for series or parallel injection.
- Single pulse feature enables controlled isolation of transient effects.
- Adjustable pulse position on a.c. lines relates the transient susceptibility to the real time aspects of digital systems.
- Transient may be injected in synchronism with repetitive circuit functions as required by Method CS06 of MIL-STD-462.
- Remote triggering of individual or repetitive pulses in terms of particular system characteristics.
- Spike Amplitude: Continuously adjustable from less than 10 volts to more than 250 volts peak.
- Repetition Rate: Continuously adjustable from 0.5 to 500 p.p.s.
- Rise Time: Less than 1.0 microsecond.
- Spike Duration: Output falls to zero in approximately 8 to 14 microseconds.
- Spike Shape: Ringing characteristic as shown in Figure 19 of MIL-STD-462.
- Phase Adjustment: Spike position adjustable from 0° to 360° on 50, 60 or 400 Hz lines.
- Sync Operation: Triggers at any rate from once every ten seconds to over 800 transients per second.
- Internal Impedance: 0.5 ohm.
- Output Power: More than 35 kw peak into 0.5 ohm load.
- Power Current in Series Injection Mode: Handles up to 50 amperes at power frequencies.
- Power Requirements: 115 volts 60 Hz, 1.8 amperes. (230 volts 50 Hz, 0.9 ampere available.)
- Size: 8.125" wide, 9" high, 14.625" deep. (20.64 cm x 22.86 cm x 37.15 cm.)