The Interference and Direction Analyzer IDA 2, Radio Direction Finder (RDF) was specially developed for identifying and localizing interference, impairments and unknown sources. It is not simply a receiver with antennas attached to it. The IDA is a complete all-in-one measuring system that is tailored precisely to its application: efficient source localization. It is a true direction finder with the qualities of a receiver in a hand-held format.
RF impairments or interference is often difficult to detect, particularly if it is sporadic or hidden beneath the regular signals. The IDA 2 now has I/Q analysis functions to allow you to reliably locate such signals too. The instrument records in real time and saves up to 250,000 I/Q data pairs without compression, i.e. without loss of data. Based on this data, the IDA 2 generates high resolution spectrograms, persistence spectrums, and time domain displays without the need for external computation. RF impairments and interference can thus be detected and analyzed on the spot.
The IDA 2 is designed as a hand-held RF directional finder for on-site use (line of sight). However, the IDA is much more than a handy direction finder. The IDA 2 makes features previously only available in larger systems both affordable and portable. The IDA translates the technical possibilities into a tactical solution. It is the ideal instrument for the "last mile", the direct line to the target. Searching for interference and direction finding, or line of sight are complex operations. As a specialist device, the IDA makes the application simple thanks to intelligent direction finding with SmartDF. The invisible is visible.
SmartDF® is a special method for systematically localizing suspect signals, interferers and RF leaks. GPS and an active directional antenna with built in electronic compass enable fast, effective location and display on a map view, even under difficult conditions or with complex signals such as broadband communications or pulsed and sporadic signals.
Narda IDA 2 Features
- Extremely fast sweep at 12 GHz/s
- Real-time bandwidths up to 32 MHz for recording short duration signals
- Direction Finding mode with automatic azimuth determination
- Built-in GPS receiver and electronic compass for easy source localization
- smartDF® processes the bearing results and automatically determines transmitter locations
- Robust, compact and light (weighs less than 3 kg)
- Map display using maps stored on microSD card
- High resolution oscilloscope display for signal classification
- I/Q data recording for high resolution spectrogram and persistence spectrum generation
- I/Q streaming via Ethernet