The Solar 8282-1 Transient Pulse Generator incorporates all the flexibility and technical excellence of the previous models and provides features required by specification MIL-STD-461B/C. The Model 8282-1 provides up to 600 volts peak amplitude for each of the 0.15, 5.0 and 10.0 S spikes. The output voltage rises steeply to peak amplitude as adjusted by the panel control, then falls exponentially to cross through zero at the duration of 0.15, 5.0, or 10.0 S as selected by push buttons. The voltage falls below zero and “rings” for a period determined by the inductance in the output circuit or the load. The peak amplitude displayed on the LED meter is the value that would appear across a 5.0 ohm non-inductive load.
Solar Electronics 8282 Features
- Provides outputs up to 600 volts peak amplitude for the 0.15, 5.0 and 10.0 S spikes into a five ohm resistive load (low source impedance).
- A wide range of repetition rates allows spike injection in terms of the pulse rates of items being tested.
- The single pulse feature enables controlled isolation of transient effects.
- Adjustable pulse position on a.c. power lines relates the transient susceptibility to the real time aspects of digital circuitry served by a.c. power.
- Transients can be injected in synchronism with repetitive circuit functions as required by Method CS06 of MIL-STD-462.
- Remote triggering of single or repetitive pulses in terms of particular system characteristics.
Solar Electronics 8282 Specs
||Selectable durations of 0.15 μS, 5.0 μS and 10.0 μS (±20%)
|Adjustable Peak Amplitude:
||Up to 600V for 0.15 μS, 5.0 μS and 10.0 μS into 5 ohm non-inductive load
||Less than 5.0 ohms for 0.15 μS, less than 2.0 ohms for 5.0 μS, less than 1.0 ohm for 10.0 μS.
|Pulse Repetition Rate:
||Manually adjustable up to 50 p.p.s. for all pulse durations.
||Adjustable from 0° to 360° on 50 Hz, 60 Hz or 400 Hz power lines.
|External Sync Operation:
||Remotely triggerable up to 50 p.p.s. for 0.15 μS, up to 1000 p.p.s. for 5.0 and 10.0 μS.