In a single 4 lb (1.8 kg) package, the Tescom 635 QuickBERT-T1 Bit Error Rate Test (formerly a Fluke Networks product) includes all the basic T1 testing capabilities you would expect in a larger and more expensive tester. It performs bit-error tests, detects framing type, line coding and bit pattern, and displays signal level, frequency, clock slips, errors and alarms. The 635 transmits the most commonly used loop codes, including HDSL. Full, unframed and fractional (56k and 64k) T1 are supported, along with display of signaling and data bits and capture of DTMF digits. Plus, individual voice channels may be monitored on the built-in speaker or over a headset.
Eleven standard BERT patterns are available, including a 64-bit user-defined pattern. The 635 also includes a 'through' mode where the incoming pattern is retransmitted. Errors - including bipolar violations, logic and frame bit - can be injected to confirm proper handling by the network. Two receivers permit detection of any clock slips. Multiple receiver input types allow terminated, bridged or monitor (DSX) connections. Either recovered or internal clock references can be selected. AMI or B8ZS line coding can be transmitted and received, and SF, ESF, SLC96 and unframed framing are supported.
The 635 is compact, rugged and easy to use. Just plug it in and you can immediately see essential information without scrolling through layers of menus. The 635 automatically detects framing and line coding type and instantly displays any errors or alarms. A history indicator helps track intermittent problems.
Tescom 635 QuickBERT-T1 Features
- Transmits all standard T1 BERT patterns and loop codes
- Transmits HDSL loop codes
- Has the ability to insert logic, BPV, and frame bit errors
- Automatically syncs to and displays framing type, line coding, and BERT pattern
- Performs BERT and Fractional T1 BERT (Nx56 and Nx64)
- Captures and displays DTMF digits
- Measures DS1 frequency, level, and clock slips
- Displays standard T1 alarms and major T1 performance parameters
- Displays AMI or B8ZS line coding
- Monitors voice, DS0 frequency and level, and DS0 signaling and data bits
- Prints test results and setup information