The Solar 8850-1 High Power Sweep Generator provides audio power in a manually tuned or sweeping mode for four frequency bands covering 30 Hz to 100 KHz. Each band can be swept for one minute, or all bands can be swept in sequence for one minute. In the manual mode, a tuning knob controls the output frequency. Both the frequency in KHz and the output level in volts r.m.s. are continuously displayed on two digital meters on the panel.
The Sweep Generator was developed in response to the demand for increased audio voltage from a low impedance source when performing CS01 Conducted Audio Susceptibility tests per MIL-STD-461B/C and CS101 conducted susceptibility test per MIL-STD-461D and E. This high power unit is especially suited for rapidly making tests in the shielded room. When used with the Type 6220-1A Audio Isolation Transformer, the combination enables the injection of sine wave audio voltages into active power lines supplying power to an Equipment Under Test (EUT).
Solar Electronics 8850-1 Features
- Manual or automatic frequency sweep from 30 Hz to 100KHz
- Digital display of frequency and output voltage level or injection voltage level
- Remote sensing of voltage being injected into the Equipment Under Test
- Automatic leveling of output voltage as frequency is scanned or swept
- Protective circuits prevent damage to output stages caused by power frequency feedback in typical a.c. test setups
- Low output impedance for greater transfer of audio power
- Up to 300 watts output into 1.5 ohms resistive load and 200 watts into 2.5 ohms
Solar Electronics 8850-1 Specs
||30 Hz to 100 KHz in four bands, manually tunable or by automatic sweep and continuous display on digital panel meter.
||300 watts into 1.5 ohms 200 watts into 2.5 ohms
||22 volts r.m.s. maximum at 1 KHz
||15 amperes maximum at 1 KHz
||Manually controlled by panel knob. Continuously displayed on digital panel meter
||One minute for one band or one minute for all four bands selected by push buttons
||Automatically maintains output voltage at the level set by the operator, up to 7.5 volts r.m.s., as frequency is scanned or swept
|Output Level Drift
||Less than 0.5%
Solar Electronics 8850-1 Accessories