The Model 8850-2 Power Sweep Generator provides audio power in a manually tuned or sweeping mode for four frequency bands covering 30 Hz to 150 KHz. The sweep rate is compliant with the requirements of Mil-Std-461F for an analog scan, approximately 0.0333 x frequency of oscillation per second.
The Model 8850-2 200-watt High Power Sweep Generator was specifically designed for use with the Solar Audio Isolation Transformers in making audio frequency susceptibility tests as required by MIL-STD-461E/F CS101. This high power unit is especially suited for rapidly making tests in the shielded room.
When used with the Type 6220-1A or 6220-2 Audio Isolation Transformer, the combination enables the injection of sinewave audio voltages into active power lines supplying power to Equipment Under Test (EUT).
- Manual or automatic frequency sweep from 30 Hz to 150 KHz
- Digital display of frequency and output voltage level or injected voltage level
- Remote sensing of voltage being injected into the Equipment Under Test
- Automatic leveling of output voltage as frequency is scanned or swept to 50 kHz
- Low output impedance for greater transfer of audio power
- Protective circuits prevent damage to output stage caused by power frequency feedback in typical a.c. test setups
- Up to 200 watts output into 2.0 ohm resistive load