The AE Techron 7782 is a 3.3 kW power amplifier that has a DC to 50kHz small signal band-width, 150Vpk, and up to 150Apk power. The 7782 is the original member of the 7000 series, offered now as a remanufactured product; it offers a balance of great value, reliability and strong performance.
The 7782 works best into loads of 2 ohms or less. A single 7782 can provide 40mSec bursts up to 150Apk. For greater voltage or current, units can be combined in parallel or series to create arrays of amplifiers capable of pulses in excess of 500Vpk and 600Apk.
The 7782 can operate in either voltage or current operation modes. It is useful for a wide variety of EMC power susceptibility tests, including MIL STD-461
and DO-160 Section 18
. The 7782 is also typically used as a gradient amplifier in small bore, high-gain MRI systems of up to 150Apk per axis.
- Over 3,300 watts RMS into a 2-ohm load.
- 40 mSec pulses of up to 150 amperes peak into a 1-ohm load.
- System output of 500 volts and 200 amperes maximum are possible with multiple, interconnected amplifiers.
- Frequency bandwidth of DC to 50 kHz at rated power into 8 ohms; DC to 100 kHz at reduced power.
- Rugged chassis for stand-alone or rack mounted operation. No additional power supplies are required.
- Protection circuitry protects against input overloads, improper output connection (including shorted and improper loads), overtemperature,
- over-current, and supply voltages that are too high or low.
- Optional “P” versions offer precision control of output offset, DC drift and gain linearity.
- Shipped ready to operate from 208-volt (±10%) three-phase AC mains. Operation from 400-volt (±10%) AC mains is available on request.