Surge current pulse with a wave shape of 8/20us are commonly requested to test and determine the characteristics of protection elements.
Fail inputs are offered as standard for DUT monitoring purposes. Peak values of voltage and current are shown in the display and these values are transferred to the software for reporting. To comply with safety regulations the EM Test CSS 500N10 Surge Current Generator is equipped with a contact to control warning lamps and with a safety interlock.
Pre-programmed User Test routines allow highest user convenience. Still the CSS 500N10 offers the Quick Start test routine where parameters can be changed on-line during the test to evaluate the susceptibility level of an individual DUT.
EM Test CSS 500N10 Features
- Surge current 8/20us up to 10kA
- Built-in voltage/current monitors (depending on model)
- Warning lamp control
- Test box with interlock (option)
- USB (optical link) and GPIB interface
EM Test CSS 500N10 Specs
- Wave Shape 8us/20us
- Output voltage (open circuit):
- 250V to 6,000V +/-10%,
- Step width 50V
- Output current (short circuit): 0.4kA to 10kA +/-10%
- Front time: 8us +/-20%
- Time to half value: 20us +/-20%
- Undershoot: Max. 20%