The practical and very wideband Rohde & Schwarz HE 300 Active Directional Antenna locates transmitters and interference sources when combined with portable receivers. The three exchangeable antenna modules supplied with the antenna cover the 20 MHz to 7.5 GHz frequency range. An additional module (HE300HF for 9 kHz to 20 MHz) is available as an option.
The modules can be plugged into the handle with the correct orientation for vertical or horizontal polarization and then mechanically locked in place. A built-in, low-noise wideband amplifier can be activated to enhance system sensitivity (active mode). In passive mode, the amplifier is bypassed so that the HE300 can also be used in the vicinity of strong signal sources. Two different models of the HE300 are available. Model .02 contains an analog compass for bearing determination; model .03 is equipped with an integrated GPS receiver and an electronic compass. When used with the PR100 portable receiver, the potential target can easily be located on a map using the triangulation feature.
Rohde & Schwarz HE 300 Features
- Unambiguous radiation pattern
- Direction finding by orienting antenna toward maximum field strength
- Very wideband performance in a compact size
- Low weight due to optimized selection of materials
- Fatigue-proof handling ❙ Horizontal and vertical polarization
- Wide dynamic range
- GPS positioning, compass bearing and triangulation feature (model .03)