The B&K Precision 9830 high output current crest factor and low input resistance are suitable for high inrush current measurements when Series Programmable AC Power Source provides high performance and low total harmonic distortion in a 3U form factor. B&K’s 9830 Series models undergo pre-compliance testing to satisfy IEC61000-3-2 and IEC61000-4-11/14/28/34 standards, preparing them to evaluate transformers, TRIACs, SCRs, and passive components. This also readies the units for manufacturing and single-phase avionics testing. Adjustable AC/DC voltage levels, frequency and timing parameters allow for simulation of voltage drops and periodic power surges and sags. The addition of positive and negative DC-offset voltages expands the device’s AC capabilities to operate in DC and AC+DC output coupling modes. The user can also select built-in and user-defined harmonic waveforms, or select from standard sine, square or clipped sine outputs. The evaluating capacitive or inductive loads.
Versatile in application, the B&K 9830 Series models also excel in accessibility and ease of use. Numeric keys and a rotary knob provide a convenient interface for setting output parameters quickly and precisely. All measurements and setting values are concurrently displayed on the screen including a graphical display of the output waveform, and up to 100 instrument settings can be saved and recalled to and from internal storage memory. Operators can save screenshots, and save or recall settings, to the USB host interface.
B&K Precision also offers a built-in web server that allows users to configure, control, or monitor the basic settings of the power source from a remote computer by using a web browser. Select from built-in waveforms, or generate user-defined waveforms with the included PC software or by connecting an arbitrary waveform generator to the instrument’s analog input. Custom waveforms can even be applied to the analog BNC input. A custom waveform can be created using WaveXpressTM, a comprehensive stand-alone B&K Precision application, which allows users to easily generate, edit, and upload custom waveforms to an arbitrary waveform generator. This then drives the AC power source output. The program allows users to define waveforms by importing a csv file, define it freehand on the computer, or by importing a real-world waveform captured on a digital oscilloscope.
The B&K Precision 9830 Programmable AC Power Source Series includes the B&K Precision 9832
and the B&K Precision 9833
B&K Precision 9830 Features
- AC, DC and AC+DC power source
- Low total harmonic distortion meets the IEC 61000-3-2 standard
- Comprehensive measurements Vrms, Arms, Vdc, +Apk, -Apk, inrush current, Hz, power factor, apparent power, reactive power, true power, and crest factor
- 0.98 power factor at AC input stage
- Built-in standard waveforms sine, square and clipped sine
- 30 built-in THD waveforms
- Amplifier mode with 1.2 kHz bandwidth for generating user-defined arbitrary waveforms
- Step, List and Pulse modes for generating power line disturbance (PLD) simulations
- List mode supports 10 user-defined programs with up to 100 programmable steps
- Generate custom harmonic waveforms on a PC and download them to the instrument's 5 non-volatile memory locations
- Digital I/O port for external trigger, transient indication, failure status, remote inhibit, RS232, and analog output level programming interface
- Comprehensive protection modes OVP, OCP,OPP, OTP, fan failure, output timer and key lock
- Downloadable LabVIEW driver and soft panel software for remote control
- Standard USB (USBTMC-compliant), RS232, LAN, and GPIB remote interfaces
||0 - 300 V
||0 - 20 A
||0 - 300 V
||0 - 30 A