The EM Test UCS 500N5V 5kV Combination Wave (Surge) Generator is a new dedicated Surge generator based on the successful UCS 500N series of ultra-compact simulators. Offering all the benefits of the well-known UCS 500N5 it is designed as a Surge generator only. This makes it the full performing Surge tester as per IEC/EN 61000-4-5
with the best benefit-to-cost ratio yet upgradeable to include other test abilities such as EFT/Burst and PowerFail.
Apart from its built-in single phase test capability it is extendable for testing three-phase DUTs by means of automatically controlled external coupling networks up to 100A. EM TEST supplies a large range of accessories for various applications.
- Fully compliant to IEC 61000-4-5
- Surge voltage up to 5kV
- Surge current up to 2.5kA
- Built-in single phase coupler 300V/16A
- Programmable current limiters
- Monitor outputs for peak voltage and peak current
- Voltage (o.c.): 160V - 5,000V ± 10%
- Pulse front time: 1.2us ± 30%
- Time to half value: 50us ± 20%
- Current (s.c.): Max. 2,500A ± 10%
- Pulse front time: 8us ± 20%
- Time to half value: 20us ± 20%
- Polarity: Positive/negative/alternating
- Event counter: 1 - 30,000 or endless, selectable
- CNV 503Ax: 3-phase coupling/decoupling networks as per IEC 61000-4-5 up to 100A per phase
- CNI 503Ax: 3-phase coupling/decoupling networks as per IEC 61000-4-4 and -4-5 up to 100A per phase
- iec.control 1: Remote control and documentation software, including standard test routines and reporting capabilities.