The IDEAL LanTEK 7 has been replaced by the IDEAL LanTEK III.
The Ideal LANTEK 7 LAN Cable Certifier is the first LAN cable tester capable of certifying installations up to 750 MHz, exceeding draft Category 7/ISO F specifications. Certifying these installations has required a combination of cable testers and network analyzers. Now you can certify these systems up to 750 MHz simplifying the task while reducing costs. LANTEK 7 utilizes an advanced link adapter method to reduce cost of ownership. LANTEK 7 comes with a pair of Category 7/ ISO F channel adapters. These channel adapters fit into the case of the unit and are locked in place. This creates a stable and repeatable testing platform while eliminating bulky adapters extending beyond the end of the unit. By simply plugging in a Category 7/ ISO F reference patch cord to the channel adapter, you can now perform Category 7/ISO F permanent link testing. Should the plug ever wear out the patch cord is replaced rather than the entire assembly reducing lifetime cost of ownership.
- First cable tester fully compliant with emerging Category 7/ISO F standards, with a frequency range up to 750 MHz
- Full Category 7/ISO F AutoTest, with graphs in approximately 35 seconds
- Advanced link adapter method provides more versatility and reduces cost of ownership
- Built in TDR ready for copper and fiber
- First fiber accessory for a copper tester that traces fiber runs, displays distance to and magnitude of events
- Display unit comes with 1/4 VGA color screen, remote unit comes with two-line black and white LCD display
- Serial and USB ports for uploading tests and upgrading firmware
- Two full-function PCMCIA slots accept compact flash memory and provide for future capabilities