The IDEAL LanTEK Cat 6 has been replaced by the IDEAL LanTEK III.
View the LanTEK III
The IDEAL LANTEK Cat 6 LAN Cable Certifier is a fully compliant Category 6/ISO E cable tester with a frequency range up to 350 MHz. Performing full Category 6/ISO E Autotests with graphs in approximately 25 seconds, the Ideal LANTEK 6 will get you through your jobs faster than ever.
Ideal LANTEK 6 comes with a pair of Category 6/ISO E channel adapters. These channel adapters fit into the case of the unit and are locked in place. This creates a stable and repeatable testing platform while eliminating bulky adapters extending beyond the end of the unit. By simply plugging in a Category 6/ ISO E reference patch cord to the channel adapter, you can now perform Category 6/ISO E permanent link testing. Should the plug ever wear out the patch cord is replaced rather than the entire assembly reducing lifetime cost of ownership.
Among the Ideal LANTEK 6 accessories are the the industry's most advanced fiber options, FIBERTEK and TRACETEK. FIBERTEK enables loss, length, bi-directional testing over two fibers, and talkset over fiber capabilities for 850 and 1300 nm Multimode and 1310 and 1550 nm Singlemode fiber. TRACETEK is the first fiber accessory for a copper tester that will trace a fiber run, locate distance to events along the fiber, and measure the magnitude of the event. This capability can eliminate the need for a more costly OTDR in campus network environments. Please consult your sales representative for price and availablity on the accessories.
- First cable tester fully compliant with emerging Category 7/ISO F standards, with a frequency range up to 750 MHz
- Full Category 7/ISO F AutoTest, with graphs in approximately 35 seconds
- Advanced link adapter method provides more versatility and reduces cost of ownership
- Built in TDR ready for copper and fiber
- First fiber accessory for a copper tester that traces fiber runs, displays distance to and magnitude of events
- Display unit comes with 1/4 VGA color screen, remote unit comes with two-line black and white LCD display
- Serial and USB ports for uploading tests and upgrading firmware
- Two full-function PCMCIA slots accept compact flash memory and provide for future capabilities