The Olympus (Panametrics) 37DL Plus Ultrasonic Thickness Gage is an advanced nondestructive ultrasonic thickness gage that combines powerful measurement features with sophisticated data acquisition and output capabilities for applications involving pipes, tanks, and other metal structures subject to internal corrosion or erosion. The 37DL PLUS includes many innovative features that simplify true metal thickness measurements even when the exposed surface is coated or painted.
Olympus 37DL Plus Features
- Thru-Coat™ technology measures and displays the thickness of the metal part and its coating using a "single backwall echo".
- Temperature Compensation feature adjusts the material velocity for changes in material temperature.
- Optional Oxide/Scale feature measures and displays the thickness of the steel and the oxide/scale build-up.
- Average/Min mode saves the average or minimum of several successive thickness measurements.
- A-scan display is brighter with better contrast and visibility.
- Uses a vast array of dual element and single element contact, delay line, and immersion transducers.
- EMAT transducers for no-couplant steel thickness measurements through heavily scaled surfaces.
- The file-based alphanumeric datalogger can use longer file names (32 character max) and ID numbers (20 character max).
- Improved: every thickness reading in a stored B-scan can now be reviewed in the WIN37DL PLUS Interface Program and on the gage.
- Improved: select to view (Min/Max, Alarm, or A-scan flags) flags for Grid points.
- Grid files can be expanded by adding rows or columns or by changing the incrementing direction.