The Megger SPI225 is a high current primary injection test system for all forms of high current testing required in a substation, including testing overcurrent relays, circuit breakers, motor overloads and current transformers.
The SPI system is the first high current test systems to permit a user to type in a predetermined current and the SPI system will generate and regulate the requested high current without preheating the test sample by pulsing the output current at high currents. The SPI system also has the unique ability to turn on at the current zero crossing every time for any load by automatically adjust the output firing angle. This eliminates DC offset for every circuit breaker type and the need for the user to determine and adjust the firing angle for different loads and circuit breakers.
All SPI systems are both fully automated and/or manually controlled. The Smart Touch View Interface “STVI” permits users to manually control the unit and also perform automated testing. The SPI unit can also be controlled by a PC for fully automatic testing and report generation.
Megger SPI225 Features:
- Up to 2000A output
- Smallest primary injection test system in its class
- First unit on the market to eliminate variac control
- Output current regulation
- Designed for switchgear commissioning, circuit breaker, CT commissioning, ground grid and relay testing
- Software includes thousands of circuit breaker TCC curves