The Vision Research Phantom VEO 640 is another high performing, high-speed camera that is part of the Phantom VEO product family. Vision Research Phantom VEO 640 high-speed cameras capture images of 2560 x 1600 at 1400 frames per second (fps). The Vision Research Phantom VEO 640 has two options for body styles. The Phantom VEO 640 "L" model is a high-speed camera with components for traditional software-based capture and motion analysis. The Phantom VEO 640 'S" model is a high-speed camera that has additional signals, on-camera controls for remote recording options, and is compatible with CFast 2.0 storage media that is removable.
The Vision Research Phantom VEO 640 fits a wide range of incredible options in a small and rugged design that is well-suited for most environments. With 6 Gigapixels/second (Gpx/s) throughput in a 4-megapixel camera, the VEO 640 has top tier high-speed imaging capabilities.
The VEO 640 is apart of Vision Research's Phantom VEO high-speed camera series.
- Gb Ethernet (standard) and 10 Gb Ethernet (optional) on all VEO models; for control and download. Both protocols use the same Ethernet port.
- 18 GB, 36 GB, or 72 GB RAM Memory.
- Minimum exposure is 1µs on all models.
- Performance high-speed imaging that ranges from 4 Gpx/sec to 7 Gpx/sec throughput.
- Interchangeable lens mounts; supports Nikon F/G, Canon EF with electronic control of aperture and focus, 35 mm PL, and C-mount.
- Image-Based Auto Trigger (IBAT), which triggers the camera from motion detected within the live image to catch unpredictable events without manually triggering the camera.
- Internal Mechanical Shutter
Example Frame Rates & Record Times
|Max. Speed at Full Resolution
|| 1,400 fps (2560 x 1600)
|Max. Speed at Reduced Resolution
||290,000 fps (128 x 4)
|Minimum Frame Rate
|| 24 fps
|| 1 µs
||12-bit pixel depth
|| Maximum Frame Rate
||Rec. Time @
Max. fps (72 GB RAM)
|2560 x 1600
|2560 x 1440
|1920 x 1080
|1280 x 270
|128 x 4