The Keysight 3764A digital transmission analyzer is available in a number of different versions to cover a wide range of telecom and general purpose test applications. Each one offers pattern generation and error detection at coded and binary interfaces, and a HP-IB port for remote control operation.
A version of the 3764A with combined error and Option 002 jitter performance measurements at 140 Mbit/s is ideal for production test of mode to allow jitter to be added to any 140Mbit/s signal passing through the instrument.
Versions of the instrument with CEPT rates from 704 kbit/s to 140 Mbit/s offer a test solution for manufacturing and installation of digital network equipment. Other versions, including a clock synthesizer, offer data generation and error detection at binary interfaces at rates up to 170 Mbit/s
The Keysight 3764A Digital Transmission Analyzer is used for analyzing the error performance of high speed digital transmission systems.
Keysight 3764A-002 Features
- Dedicated 140 Mb/s digital transmission analyzer with pattern generation, error detection and error analysis capabilities
- Error analysis provision includes error performance measurements for testing the proposed Integrated Services Digital Networks (ISDN)
- Portable single unit construction
- Generator Internal clock 139.264 MHz; offset clocks + and - 15 ppm; external clock 1 kHz to 170 MHz
- Generator Data outputs: CMI format at 139.264 Mb/s; Binary RZ or NRZ from 1 kb/s to 170 Mb/s, ECL levels, 75 ohms unbalanced
- Receiver Recovered Clock: 139.264 ±3 Mb/s
- Receiver Binary Clock: 1 kHz to 170 MHz
- Receiver Data Inputs: 75O Terminated mode; Monitor mode; Binary, RZ or NRZ, ECL levels; External Error, ECL levels
Keysight 3764A-002 Specs
||Provides Pattern generation; Error measurement & analysis at the four main CEPT rates of 2.048 Mbit/s, 8.448 Mbit/s, 34.368 Mbit/s & 139.264 Mbit/s.
||Provides Pattern generation; Error measurement & analysis: Jitter generation & measurement at 139.264 Mbit/s.
||Provides three additional Data Outputs which are delayed with respect to the main Data output.
||Provides Pattern generation; Error measurement & analysis at the five main CEPT rates of 704 kbit/s, 2.048 Mbit/s, 8.448 Mbit/s, 34.368 Mbit/s & 139.264 Mbit/s. The Frequency synthesizer also provides two variable frequency rates from 1 kbit/s to 170 Mbit/s and a selection of fixed and variable frequency Offsets for all available rates.
||Provides Pattern generation; Error measurement & analysis at 139.264 Mbit/s. The frequency synthesizer also provides two variable frequency rates from 1 kHz to 170 MHz and a selection of fixed and variable frequency Offsets. Jitter generation & measurement is provided at 139.264 MHz only. In addition a THRU Data capability is provided which allows Jitter to be added to, 139.264 Mbit/s CMI Coded Data or 139.264 MHz Binary clock. This Option excludes the Tape Cartridge option (010), and the internal Printer.
||The internal printer is replaced by a Tape Cartridge Unit. This Option is not possible in conjunction with Option 007
||Front Handle Kit
||Rack Flange Kit
||Rack & Handle Kit
||Provides a double set of Operating & Service manuals & an Extender card.
||Provides a Service manual & an Extender card.
Keysight 3764A-002 Applications
- Production testing of digital transmission equipment
- Installation and maintenance of digital networks
- Demultiplexer testing using through-data mode to add jitter to a structured signal
- Long-term unattended monitoring with error performance analysis based on CCITT Recommendation G.821