The R&S SMW200A is the ideal generator for digitally modulated signals required for the development of new wideband communications systems, the verification of 3G and 4G base stations or in the aerospace and defense sector.
The I/Q modulation bandwidth of up to 160 MHz with internal baseband satisfies fourth-generation standards (e.g. LTE-Advanced and IEEE 802.11ac), and the R&S SMW200A is designed to meet future requirements. Its modular scalable architecture allows users to optimize the generator to their applications and to upgrade it as required.
A second RF path can be added, as well as a maximum of two baseband and four fading simulator modules – without compromising on signal quality. As a result, the R&S SMW200A can create signal scenarios that previously required multiple instruments or could not be implemented at all. From MIMO up to 8x2 to LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation including fading – never before has an instrument offered such high-class signal generation capability.
- RF path A
- R&S SMW-B103: 100 kHz to 3 GHz
- R&S SMW-B106: 100 kHz to 6 GHz
- RF path B
- R&S SMW-B203: 100 kHz to 3 GHz
- R&S SMW-B206 :100 kHz to 6 GHz
- Signal routing and baseband main module
- R&S SMW-B13 One I/Q path to RF section
- R&S SMW-B13T Two I/Q paths to RF section
- R&S SMW-B20: FM/ϕM modulator
- R&S SMW-B22: Enhanced phase noise performance and FM/ϕM modulator
- R&SSMW-B90: Phase coherence
Rohde & Schwarz SMW200A Features
- One or two RF paths with frequency range from 100 kHz to 3 GHz or 6 GHz
- Up to 160 MHz I/Q modulation bandwidth (in RF) with internal baseband
- Options for all important digital communications standards
- Optional integrated fading simulator with up to 160 MHz bandwidth
- Support of all key MIMO modes including 3x3, 4x4 and 8x2
- Intuitive operation via touchscreen with block diagram as key element