The California Instruments RS90 AC DC power source is a high-power AC/DC test system, offering 200 A at a low voltage level and 100 A at a high voltage level. The RS power source is equipped for a wide spectrum of AC and DC power applications. California Instruments RS power sources are equipped for a wide spectrum of AC DC power applications. Utilizing the innovative PWM switching technique, the California Instruments RS90 synthesizes robustness and functionality in a compact floor-standing chassis no larger than a typical office copying machine. This higher power density has been accomplished without sacrificing simplicity in the form of elaborate cooling schemes and additional installation wiring. Simply roll the RS unit to its designated location using the included casters, plug it in, and the RS AC/DC power source is ready to perform.
Program all instrument functions from an external computer thanks to the device's conformity to standards RS232C USB & IEEE-488, along with optional LAN remote control interfaces. The popular SCPI command protocol is used for programming. Optional External Drive (EXTD) allows external analog signal control of the source while in AC operation, essentially turning the source into a high bandwidth amplifier. The built-in output transient generation and read-back measurement capability of the RS90 offer the convenience of a powerful, and easy-to-use integrated test system. The RS Series can be operated completely from its menu-driven front panel controller. A backlit LCD shows menus, setup data, and read-back measurements.
The California Instruments RS90 AC/DC power source is the first model in the California Instruments RS High Power AC DC Power Source Series.
- High Power AC and DC Power Source: Programmable AC DC power for frequency conversion and product test applications.
- Expandable Power Levels: Available output power of 90 kVA per unit and multi-unit configurations for power requirements up to 540 kVA and above.
- Arbitrary & Harmonic Waveform Generation: User-defined voltage waveform and distortion programming.
- Regenerative, bidirectional "Green" Power Solution: Automatic crossover between Source and Current Sink power mode offers regenerative capabilities. Regenerate up to 100% of the rated output power back to the utility grid during sink mode operation.
- Remote Control: Standard RS232C & USB along with optional IEEE-488 & LAN Interfaces are available for automated test applications
||3 Phase, Neutral Floating, Coupling DC (except -HV and -XV Option)
|Load Power Factor
||0 to unity at full output current
||V Low - 0-150 V
V High - 0-300 V
||Voltage drop compensation (5% Full Scale)
|Harmonic Distortion (Linear)
||Less than 0.5% from 16 - 66 Hz
Less than 1% from 66 - 500 Hz
Less than 1.25% above 500 Hz
||< 20 mV
||0.25% FS @ DC - 100 Hz
0.5% FS > 100 Hz
|External Amplitude Modulation
||Depth: 0 - 10 %
Frequency: DC - 2 KHz