The Elgar ContinuousWave (CW) Series of AC power sources provides clean single phase power at an impressive price/performance ratio. These compact switch mode sources come in two series, manual (CW-M) or programmable (CW-P) with standard IEEE-488.2 and RS-232 control. Both series have three power levels, 800 VA, 1250 VA and 2500 VA. The 800 and 1250 VA models are 2U (3.5”) high and allow the unit under test to be connected to the front or rear panel. The 2500 VA model is 3U (5.25”) high with rear panel output connections. All models can be operated in a benchtop or rackmount configuration.
The front panels have two bright four digit, seven segment displays. Power Factor Corrected (PFC) universal input voltage allows maximum power to be delivered from an AC outlet without the user selecting the range. Fully rated current is delivered for either output voltage range of 135 VAC or 270 VAC over a standard frequency range of 45 to 500 Hz. Both series can be paralleled to provide extra power.
A separate output-on switch controls power to the load. Remote voltage sense is standard. Transformer coupled output is protected against overvoltage and overcurrent. The unit is also protected against over temperature conditions. A two-speed fan results in quieter operation at lower power levels. All models are CE marked.
- H: Expanded frequency range 45 to 1000 Hz (CWP only)
- S: Sync In/Out (clock/lock) (standard on CW-P)
- V: 0-155V/0-310V Output (CW-P only)
- L: Locking knobs (front panel potentiometers) (CW-M only)
- -108: 200V/400V Output for (CW 801P Only)
Elgar Power Supplies CW Features
- Low THD and AC noise
- Advanced Measurement Available
- Wide range PFC Input
- Field Parallel Configurable
- Multiple Units Configurable for Multi-Phase Operation