The Amplifier Research 175S1G4 Amplifier 0.8 GHz - 4.2 GHz, 175 W is a portable, self-contained, air-cooled, broadband, completely solid-state amplifier designed for applications where instantaneous bandwidth, high gain and linearity are required. Push-pull circuitry is utilized in all high power stages in the interest of lowering distortion an d improving stability. The Model 175S1G4, when used with a sweep generator, will provide a mini mum of 175 watts of RF power.
The Model 175S1G4 is equipped with a Digital Control Panel ( DCP) which provides both local and remote control of the amplifier. The DCP uses a digital display, menu assigned softkeys, a single rotary knob, and four dedicated switches (POWER, STANDBY, OPERATE and FAULT/RESET) to offer extensive control and status reporting capability. The display provides operational presentation of Forward Power and Reflected Power plus control status and reports of internal amplifier status. Special features include a gain control and RF output level protection.
All amplifier control functions and status indications are available remotely in GPIB/IEEE-488 format, RS232 hardwire and fiber optic, USB and Ethernet. The buss interface connector is located on the back panel and positive control of local or remote operation is assured by a keylock on the front panel of the amplifier. The low level of spurious signals and linearity of the Model 17 5S1G4 make it ideal for use as a driver amplifier in testing wireless and communication components and subsystems. It can be used as a test instrument covering multiple frequency bands and is suitable for a variety of communication technologies such as CDMA, W-CDMA, TDMA, GSM etc. It is also suitable for EMC Test applications where undistorted modulation envelopes are desired.
Amplifier Research 175S1G4 Features
- Provides a minimum of 175 watts of RF power when used with a sweep generator
- Digital Control Panel (DCP):
- Provides both local and remote control of the amplifier
- Provides operational presentation of Forward Power and Reflected Power
- Provides control status
- Provides reports of internal amplifier status
- Uses menu assigned softkeys
- Uses a single rotary knob
- Uses four dedicated switches: POWER, STANDBY, OPERATE, and FAULT/RESET
- Offers extensive control and status reporting capability
- Gain control and RF output level protection