The AEMC DTR 8510 is a portable digital transformer ratiometer designed for on-site testing of power, potential and current transformers. When connected to a non-energized transformer, the AEMC DTR Model 8510 accurately measures primary to secondary turns ratio, while simultaneously displaying polarity and excitation current. The DTR is fully automatic and uses an ANSI/IEEE compliant test method.
No user calibration, range selection, hand cranking or tedious balancing is required. At each measurement, the DTR® automatically self-calibrates and checks for open windings/connections/circuit breakers, short circuits (excess excitation current), incorrect test lead placement, and reverse polarity. Measurements are displayed quickly and accurately.
AEMC Instruments 8510 Features
- Ratio Testing: PT/VT from 0.8000:1 to 8000:1 and CT from 0.8000 to 1000.0 (Auto-Ranging)
- Tests performed by exciting the primary and reading the secondary; provides safer conditions for the operator on step-down transformers
- Continuity test indicates open or loose (high resistance) terminal connections
- DC test mode eliminates errors due to magnetic build up
- Stores up to 10 primary/secondary nameplate voltages to use in comparing test results
- Displays ratio, test current, winding polarity, and deviation from nameplate voltage or ratio
- Stores up to 10,000 test results
- DataView® software included which allows configuring the instrument, downloading stored measurements and printing of test results in a report format
- Display warns of incorrect lead connection, reverse polarity, open and short circuits