The Amplifier Research 500A250B RF Power Amplifier 10 kHz - 250 MHz, 500 W is a self-contained, air-cooled, broadband, completely solid state amplifier designed for applications where instantaneous bandwidth and high gain are required. Push-pull LDMOS circuitry is utilized in all high power stages in the interest of lowering distortion and improving stability. The Model 500A250B, when used with an RF sweep generator, will provide a minimum of 500 watts of swept power. The Model 500A250B is equipped with a Digital Control Panel (DCP) which provides both local and remote control of the amplifier. The DCP uses a 3.75 inch diagonal graphic display, menu assigned softkeys, a single rotary knob, and four dedicated switches to offer extensive control and status reporting capability.
The display provides operational presentation of Forward Power and Reflected Power plus control status and reports of internal amplifier status. Special features include a gain control, forward RF sample port, and a reflective RF sample port for precise power measurements. All amplifier control functions and status indications are available remotely in GPIB/IEEE-488, RS-232 and USB format. The buss interface connectors are located on the back panel and positive control of local or remote operation is assured by a keylock on the front panel of the amplifier. High efficiency universal input, power factor corrected switching power supplies provides DC to all internal subassemblies. Housed in a stylish, contemporary enclosure, the Model 500A250B provides readily available RF power for typical applications such as RF susceptibility testing, antenna and component testing, watt meter calibration, particle accelerators, plasma generation, communications and use as a driver for higher power amplifiers.
Amplifier Research 500A250B Specs
- Rated power output: 500 watts
- Input for rated output: 1.0 milliwatt maximum
- Power output @ 3 dB compression: Nominal 600 watts, minimum 500 watts
- Power output @ 1 dB compression: Nominal 500 watts, minimum 350 watts
- Flatness: ±3.0 dB maximum
- Frequency response: 10 kHz - 250 MHz instantaneously
- Gain at maximum setting: 57 dB minimum
- Gain adjustment (continuous range): 10 dB minimum
- Input impedance: 50 ohms, VSWR 1.5:1
- Output impedance 50 ohms, nominal