The DSAM-6000B Digital Service Activation Meter combines the high-level triple-play functions of other DSAM models with JDSU's patented Stealth Sweep™ technology to test and maintain both the downstream forward path and upstream return path.
- Digital video, analog video, DOCSIS® IP testing, Sweep (optional) and PacketCable™ VoIP (optional) available in one meter
- Forward sweep option allows sweeping of analog, digital, and DOCSIS carriers
- Reverse sweep option available for the return path
- Compatible with existing JDSU Stealth Sweep™ Systems, assuring non-interfering forward and reverse sweep operation compatible with today's digital carriers
- TPP client-server software enables resource and staff management
Viavi Solutions DSAM-6000 Features
- Packet loss, latency, jitter, and throughput measurement modes
- 4 to 1000 MHz range; 8 MHz and 6 MHz models.
- Rugged, lightweight—weighing less than 3 lb (1.4 kg)—design withstands rain, cold, heat, bumps, drops, and other accidental mishaps
- Extensive help system linked to each meter function
- Multiple language support
Viavi Solutions DSAM-6000 Applications
- Reference analog and 64/256 QAM signal types eliminate subscriber sweep interference
- Upstream and downstream verification with CMTS using DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS protocols. Includes DOCSIS/RF IP throughput and packet loss performance testing. VoIP test options available
- Digital carrier performance with Quick QAM summary of MER/EVM and pre/post FEC BER.
- PC configuration issues isolated via Web-access test through customer's cable modem; Ethernet IP throughput and packet loss tests performed.
- Preconfigured automated tests for digital, analog, and DOCSIS channels
- Optional Test Productivity Pack software provides browser interface over the DOCSIS RF link to operator's workforce management