The Olympus/Panametrics NDT EPOCH 4 Ultrasonic Flaw Detector is an advanced digital ultrasonic flaw detector that combines powerful, fully featured measurement capabilities, a comprehensive internal datalogger, and a wide range of software options to solve many demanding inspection problems.
Signal processing features include a 25 MHz bandwidth to permit testing of thinner materials, a selectable square wave pulser to optimize penetration on thick or attenuating materials, and narrowband filters to improve signal-to-noise ratio in high gain applications. The EPOCH 4 incorporates rugged packaging and a conveniently organized direct-access keypad, and offers the choice of high-resolution Liquid Crystal or Electroluminescent displays.
Olympus Epoch 4 Features
- Customizable narrowband filtering
- Selectable, tunable square wave or negative spike excitation pulser
- Light, ergonomically designed (5.7 lbs / 2.6 Kg)
- Fast minimum 60 Hz display update rate High-power NiMH battery
- Large, bright, high-resolution ELD or LCD with full/split screen views
- Automated transducer calibration 400 (10,000 mm) full screen range at longitudinal velocity of steel
- Superior minimum range capability (0.038 or 1 mm full scale at longitudinal velocity of steel)
- Display Freeze holds waveform and soundpath data Soundpath data viewable in inches, millimeters, or microseconds
- Peak Hold and Peak Memory
- RF display mode
- Alarms, threshold positive/negative, or minimum depth
- Dual Gate with Echo-to-Echo measurements
- Security Key enables remote upgrade of software options
Olympus Epoch 4 Specs
- Sensitivity: 110 dB Max and Reference level sensitivity feature with 6 dB or 0.1 dB selectable resolution
- Auto Transducer Calibration: Automated calibration of transducer Zero Offset and/or Velocity.
- Reject: 0% to 80% of full scale in 1% increments
- Units: English, Metric, or Microseconds
- Material Velocity: 0.025 to 0.6000 in/μsec (635 to 15240 m/S)
- Range: Standard 0.038 inch to 400 inch (1 mm to 10,000 mm)
- Refracted Angle: Fixed settings of 0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 70°, or variable from 10° to 85° in 0.1° resolution
- Peak Memory: Simultaneous display of live A-scan at 60 Hz update rate and peak envelope of A-scan display.
- Peak Hold: Freezes Peak Memory echo envelope for waveform comparison with live A-scan.
- Pulser Type, User Selectable: Tunable square wave, negative spike excitation.
- Pulse Energy: Low (100 V), Medium (200 V), High (300 V), and Max (400 V)
- Damping: 50, 63, 150, and 400 ohms
- Rectification: Full Wave, Half Wave Positive or Negative, and unrectified RF settings
- Analog Bandwidth: 0.05 MHz to 25 MHz at 3 dB
- Filters: Broadband, Narrowband, or Custom Selectable Low and High Pass Filters
- Test Modes: Pulse Echo, Dual, or Through Transmission
- Alarms: Selectable threshold positive/negative or minimum depth modes
- Display: 320 pixels (W) X 240 pixels (H), ELD or LCD screens
- Display Update Rate: Minimum 60 Hz