The Rohde & Schwarz SMJ100A Vector Signal Generator meets all challenges that diverse applications place on modern vector signal generators. For example, it offers the signal quality and flexibility required in research and development – not to mention a convenient graphical user interface (GUI). And this is by no means all the SMJ100A has to offer – a fact that becomes evident in production, where it excels with its flexible baseband and low setting times. The baseband meets all requirements, from providing real-time signals to replaying pre-calculated waveforms.
Equipped with 3 GHz or 6 GHz frequency options, the SMJ100A covers all important frequency bands essential in digital RF transmission. The internal baseband generator option handles a multitude of digital standards, e.g. GSM/EDGE, 3GPP FDD and CDMA2000 1). Its characteristics make the SMJ100A the ideal all-purpose vector signal generator, supporting a wide variety of applications.
To handle future standards, the SMJ100A features a large bandwidth; thus, new standards such as WiMAX pose no problem. The internal arbitrary waveform generator is proof of its versatility. It offers sequences up to 128 Msamples in length and can be used with diverse signals from WinIQSIM or Matlab.
Rohde & Schwarz SMJ100A Features
- Frequency options from 100 kHz to 3 GHz/6 GHz
- Support of 3GPP LTE FDD and TDD, LTE Advanced, 3GPP FDD/HSPA/HSPA+, GSM/EDGE/EDGE Evolution, TD-SCDMA, WLAN, and all other important digital standards
- I/Q modulator with 200 MHz RF bandwidth
- Optional baseband generator with real-time coder and arbitrary waveform generator for maximum flexibility
- Optional ARB-only baseband generator as cost-saving alternative
- Excellent RF performance