The SKF Static Motor Analyzer Baker DX unit offers more capabilities to analyze all insulation and motor circuits in AC and DC motors, generators and coils. These instruments offer Insulation Resistance (IR), Polarization Index (PI), Dielectric Absorption (DA), DC HiPot/Step Voltage and Surge tests to evaluate all the insulation in motors and coils. The motor circuit can also be analyzed utilizing Resistance, Impedance, Capacitance, Phase Angle and Dissipation Factor/Quality Factor measurements.
Low voltage testing has been added to the Baker DX. This allows for a more complete testing solution for predictive maintenance or shop quality management. The low voltage tests can supply up to 600 mA and frequencies from 50 to 4 000 Hz.
The Baker DX also offers a modular design that allows you to configure a DX with only the test capabilities needed for your specific application. For example, it can be only a high voltage or a low voltage tester or you can add all the capability to have a unit that has both high voltage and low voltage testing capabilities in one unit. Simply configure the instrument to best fit the application in which it will be used.
The Baker DX unit is among the first on the market to have specific coil testing software. The Baker DX unit can be placed into an impulse mode for quick application of voltage to the coils. The software can store and display up to 200 waveforms on the screen for quick analysis of coil condition. Utilize SKF’s Error Area Ratio (EAR) method to calculate the differences between the coils for quick, accurate analysis of the data. The EAR calculation greatly reduces operator error and automatically indicates a defective coil when the result is out of the programmed tolerance level. Report and analyze your data easily with bar charts to help locate and report faulty coils, and for an at-a-glance summary of all coils tested.
- 4 to 40 kV voltage testing capability to test fractional HP motors to 40 megawatt generators
- High and low voltage testing capability in one unit to test the motor circuit and all the insulation
- Intuitive graphical user interface with touch screen
- USB printer interface to quickly print results
- Coil mode – quickly analyze coils and store all data
- Impulse mode allows the operator to quickly apply voltage when testing coils and DC motors
- Fully test DC motors, including bar to bar armature testing
- Push to Test (PTT) lock to hold voltage during DC tests
- Modular design to meet your testing needs
- Internal test storage capacity – 2 GB
- The Baker DX is the smallest, lightest 12 kV surge tester on the market
||Color VGA touch screen
||RLC leads, Footswitch, remote E-stop safety lights, SKF Power Pack, Ground
||USB/PCL 5 type printer
||100 to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 2,5 A
||48,3 × 20,3 × 58,4 cm (19 × 8 × 23 in.)
||15,4 kg (34 lbs.)