This product has been discontinued.
View the Laser Doppler Vibrometers
The IRD Model 880 Spectrum Analyzer/Dynamic Balancer is a portable instrument designed for industrial use in detecting and resolving machinery vibration problems. Model 880 can perform many analysis techniques that are essential to obtain comprehensive vibration data. Precision in-place balancing can is possible by using a single plane or two plane methods. A 60-600,000 CPM annotated hard-copy frequency spectrum is produced in only 25 seconds. A single sensor measures machinery vibration in displacement, velocity, acceleration, and Spike Energy units.
- Digital amplitude or frequency display provides a high precision readout for balancing and analysis
- Analog amplitude and frequency meters supplement the digital displays and aid in analyzing unsteady signals
- Automatic tabular listing of spectrum frequency peaks and amplitudes
- Chart speed selector with three time-plot speeds records short transients and slowly changing vibration over a number of hours
- Automatic "order" indication of the spectrum frequency peaks to show harmonic relationships of frequency peaks to rpm
- Diagnostic capability includes hard-copy tabular readout of the most likely causes of vibration
- Prints out AVERAGE, MINIMUM, and MAXIMUM overall values tor both spectrum and amplitude vs. time plots
- Event marking feature prints a short vertical line to indicate the precise time of events on amplitude vs. time plots
||60 to 600,000 cpm (1 to 10,000 Hz)
||0 to 100 mils in eight full-scale overlapping ranges
||0 to 100 in/s
||50-400 Hz; 90-250 V, 25 W