Telecommunication networks are exposed to lightning events. Therefore telecommunications equipment being connected to the outside world need to have appropriate protection to show an acceptable immunity to surge transients in order not to fail in case of lightning events. The EM Test TSS 500M4 Telecom Surge Generator is used to proof the immunity of telecommunications equipment.
The TSS 500M4 performs tests as per IEC 61000-4-5
and related standards and complies with the requirements of ITU-T
and FCC 97-270 (part 68) for Surge B pulse.
- Standalone tester for 10/700uS pulse as per IEC 61000-4-5
- Complies to ITU-T
- Complies to FCC part 68 (surge B pulses)
- Built-in CDNs for 2-wire and 4-wire applications
- CNV 504S1: 4 telecom lines as per fig. 12, IEC 61000-4-5
- CNV 508S1: 8 telecom lines as per fig. 12, IEC 61000-4-5
- CNV 504S5: Coupling network providing 4x100ohm and 2x25ohm
- iec.control: Software to control the test, including standard library, test report facility and data conversion generator