The Newtons4th N4A18 3 phase AC power source offers complete flexibility for a wide range of applications. All N4A sources feature dual channel arbitrary waveform generators utilizing direct digital synthesis providing the user with simultaneous multiple harmonic generation, frequency sweeping and long sequencing capabilities. The metrology of the arbitrary generator permits long custom waveform sequences to be produced without a reduction in the resolution of each individual waveform. The N4A AC Source also features 10 bit vertical resolution and a maximum waveform resolution of 16,384 points to produce a single periodic waveform. There is also an internal storage function for imported custom waveforms featuring user intuitive library menus that display the waveform graphically on the display.
In the past, low distortion power sources have been restricted to the use of linear based output stage topologies. Whilst this approach offered low levels of distortion, it came with drawbacks such as poor low power factor performance, lower output power capability when the output voltage is less than "rail voltage", increased size and many more. N4L's proprietary switching design offers all of the benefits of a linear supply without the drawbacks, further to this, the cost of all N4A AC Power Sources is lower than that of an equivalent low distortion linear design.
Newtons4th Ltd N4A18 Features
- Market leading Inrush Current capability - 2x Rated current for up to 3 seconds
- Able to drive into loads exhibiting high crest factors
- Able to drive into loads with very low power factor at full current over complete voltage range
- Efficiency of better than 80% irrespective of type of load
- Intelligent IGBT output modules exhibit superior reliability, facilitated via integrated protection on Si wafer.
- Very low THD equivalent to the highest performing linear amplifiers on the market, 6 leg modulation topology extends the equivalent switching frequency of the inverter
- Extremely robust design as a result of power filters situated in between the active power section and the EUT